Planning to go for camping with your family, partner or all by yourself this spring? It can be a great idea because not only will you get some relief from your hectic lifestyle, but also be able to spend quality time with your loved ones, in case they are accompanying you. But preparing for the trip will require you to do more than just plan the budget, pack your essentials, get one of those popular rear folding camper trailers and fill your car’s fuel tank with enough gas. You must be ready for avoiding the dangers you might face out there, one of which is snakes.
Here are a few tips that can help you to stay safe from snake bites throughout your camping trip:
- When encountered with a snake, many people try not to make any sound in fear that doing so might aggravate the creature. However, this is a huge misconception because snakes cannot hear anything. As such, if you come face to face with one of them, shout out to warn others around you instead of making abrupt movements. Waving around your arms can actually put you into trouble.
- In case you are too late to discover that a snake is very close to you, back away as slowly as possible and keep yourself calm.
- Since snakes generally target the ankle at the time of striking, it is recommended that you wear gaiters to protect yourself. Be careful when picking up something from a bush because snakes can bite on hands too if disturbed.
- When a snake feels threatened, it usually curls itself a bit to prepare for striking from a certain distance. In addition to that, it also raises its head. Don’t even try to go ahead any further if you sight a snake in this position.
- Avoid strolling through long reeds or grass whenever possible because these places are where the reptiles normally hide. When you are in the bush, stay vigilant, especially if it is morning time.
- Instead of stepping over logs, step onto them. Snakes are known to bask beside logs during daytime and you might accidentally step on one.
Thus, follow the above mentioned tips and safeguard yourself as well as your loved ones from snake bites while on a camping trip. If you are looking for more information, consider going through online articles or talk to an expert.